Dziś jest piątek, 24 listopada 2017     21:20:48
Imieniny: Emmy, Flory, Jana
Województwo kujawsko-pomorskie Powiat Bydgoski Biulentyn Informacji Publicznej

Dane Urzędu

Urząd Gminy Nowa Wieś Wielka
ul. Ogrodowa 2,
86-060 Nowa Wieś Wielka
tel. (52) 320 68 68
fax: (52) 320 68 50
e-mail: kancelaria(at)nowawieswielka.pl

NIP: 953-22-15-757
Regon: 000539644

Godziny pracy Urzędu:

poniedziałek: 7:15 - 15:15
wtorek: 7:15 - 16:15
środa: 7:15 - 15:15
czwartek: 7:15 - 15:15
piątek: 7:15 - 14:15


więcej informacji
Jesteś tutaj: Gmina Nowa Wieś Wielka >

About Nowa Wieś Wielka Commu...

About Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune



Commune’s Location and the Administrative Structure

The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune is located in the centre of the Kuyavian and Pomeranian Province, about 20 kilometres away from Bydgoszcz and Inowrocław. The transport routes that intersect the commune’s area provide excellent communication availability, such as the national road No. 25 (Bydgoszcz–Inowrocław–Konin), provincial road No. 254 (Brzoza–Łabiszyn–Barcin), district roads, the Bydgoszcz–Inowrocław railway line and the adjacent International Air Port in Bydgoszcz.
The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune is one of those communes that the Bydgoszcz District consists of and lies directly within the structural ties of the Bydgoszcz and Toruń Agglomeration influence.
There are eighteen localities altogether found within fifteen village areas, i.e., Brzoza (incl. the localities, Chmielniki, Emilianowo & Piecki), Dąbrowa Wielka, Dobromierz, Dziemionna, Jakubowo, Januszkowo, Kobylarnia, Kolankowo, Leszyce, Nowa Wieś Wielka, Nowa Wioska, Olimpin, Prądocin, Nowe Smolno, and lastly, Tarkowo Dolne.
The population of the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune is 9,045. The most residents are mainly settled in the two localities, Brzoza and Nowa Wieś Wielka (the state report of the 1st of December, 2011). The commune area stretches for 148.5 sq km. The commune ranks among the most forested communal units of the Kuyavian and Pomeranian Province.
Commune Nowa Wieś Wielka in January 2003 signed a cooperation agreement with the Commune Westerburg – Federal Republic of Germany. Successful cooperation mainly focused on cultural relations, tourism, sport, education and social assistance.

The Commune’s Landscape and Nature

Beyond doubt, one of the greatest attractions of the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune is the Bydgoska Primeval Forest. It covers about two-thirds of the total forest area, the major part of which is under protection, so the top quality of the natural environment is guaranteed. The primeval forest occupies dune fields, which used to be the sandbanks of the old pre-river.
The Bydgoska Primeval Forest is a huge forest complex lying in the middle of the Kuyavian and Pomeranian Province. Even though it lost its original character long ago, it is considered a priceless natural object for Bydgoszcz and the region, a remnant of the Medieval wild and inaccessible forests as well as a crucial link of the ecological corridor of international renown.
The protected areas include:
“The Noteć River Meadows” Protected Landscape Area – spreading from Brzoza Village, through Kobylarnia, Chmielniki, Nowe Smolno and Kolankowo up to the borders of the Białe Błota and Łabiszyn Communes. They are characterised by abundant meadow and swamp flora species and they make up the habitat of rare species of wild fowl and animals. The angling fan will find not one interesting fish in the Noteć River current.
“The Dunes of the Toruń Dale” Protected Landscape Area, known for its unique topographic profile and forest complexes and subterranean water protection,
“The Wild Islet” Nature Reserve, protected because of the stand of oak-trees which has rare species of the undergrowth,
The “Tarkowo” Nature Reserve, whose stand of old trees contains the dwarf cherry-tree.

The Jesuit Lake

There spreads a highly interesting water reservoir in the south-western edge of the primeval forest, the Jesuit Lake, whose coastline is expanded (14.7 sq km; up to 10 metres’ deep). There are a few spa resorts around the lake, Chmielniki, Piecki, Prądocin and the so-called Cypel and Kobra (wild baths).
It is best to spend one’s leisure time actively at the Jesuit Lake in the Sport and Recreation Centre in Chmielniki or Piecki. Among the other things, some water equipment can be rented by the lake.
As far as angling lovers are concerned, the Jesuit Lake with its shallow places and depths is an ideal place even when it comes to all-year fishing.

The Skórzewski Family Hunting Palace

Skórzewski Counts’ Hunting Palace (a registered relic) is located between the Noteć River meander and the 25th national road, among the meadows and about two kilometres’ way off the Chmielniki railway station northwards. The palace can be spotted in the fine weather as you go across Chmielniki down the Bydgoszcz-Inowrocław route.
The structure was built by the end of the nineteenth century in the area of the Skórzewski Family possession. The palace was raised in the Gothic-wise style of manorial estates. It used to have served as an outing place for the count family who would often travel to their residence in the open outdoors in Lubostroń. In the Interwar Period it functioned as the headquarters of the manor’s administrator. After 1945, the mansion along with the adjoining lands was taken over by the State’s Land Fund, and since 1986, it has been private ownership.

 

The Parish Church in Nowa Wieś Wielka

The German colonisers founded a massive Evangelical and Augsburg Protestant Church in Nowa Wieś Wielka in 1867 through 1868. The church, whose length is 34m while the width equals 14m, is fourteen metres’ high and has got the 48m’ high spire. It was both raised and equipped in the New-Gothic style, considered trendy at that time. The pastor’s flat was also built near the church. The temple was fitted with the organs in 1897, having operated till the present day.
The Parish of the Immaculate Conception of Holy Mother the Virgin in Nowa Wieś Wielka was founded in 1925 owing to Rev. Arndt’s efforts. The first task of the parish was to build a chapel and set up a cemetery. The plans undertaken in 1933 to establish a church in Nowa Wieś Wielka got unfortunately shattered by the outbreak of the war. In September 1939, the monstrance and the parish register were saved from devastating from the chapel.
During the Nazi occuppation times, about 100 parish members died. Many people were deported to the General Guberniya. Those who remained on spot were deprived of the pastoral oversight and a chance to perform the divine service.
The Evangelical and Augsburg Protestant Church was handed over to the parish on the 25th of March, 1945, and consecrated as the Roman Catholic one. Presently, the initial repair works and investments were commenced and one started to complement the church’s equipment.
The main altar that can be seen inside the church’s interior has the statutes of Saint Casimir the Prince and Saint Stanislaus Kostka placed right on the both sides of the Painting of Our Immaculate Lady. The huge picture that depicts Christ the King adored by two angels and eighteen saints and the Polish blessed can be admired on the main wall. The church also owns such pictures as those of the Holiest Heart of Our Lord Jesus, God’s Mother the Queen of Poland, Our lady of Częstochowa, God’s Mercy, and God’s Mother of Perpetual Assistance.
The Church of the Immaculate Conception of Holy Mother the Virgin in Nowa Wieś Wielka was registered as an architecture and construction relic in 1995.

The Brzoza Parish Church

From 1915, holy masses were performed in a newly-built chapel in Przyłęki, yet the small shrine did not suffice the faithful to face up to their requirements. That is why the church’s construction was already started in 1934 in Brzoza, as the largest parish village.
The church in Brzoza was consecrated by Cardinal August Hlond, Primate of Poland, on the 15th of May, 1938. The building had been raised in the New-Baroque style on the very spot of the Greater Poland Insurrection battles, fought out in 1919.
During the Second World War, the church was taken over by the German Evangelical members. Poles used to gather to pray on service in Przyłęki, but that temple soon got closed, too.
The church got destroyed in the times of the war. Also, the presbytery, which was built in 1936, much suffered from the war doings and the army accommodation. The devastation was repaired after the war had been over.
The church in Brzoza is 25 metres’ long, 14 metres’ wide and 10 metres’ high. It has got one steeple. There is the so-called crucifixion group at the level raiser of the main altar, sculptured in wood by Kłobucki from Bydgoszcz. The cult of Our Lady of Częstochowa is bound with the chapel lying by the southern church wall and beneath the choir.

The Dąbrowa Wielka Church

The architecture of Dąbrowa Wielka Village, whose spectacular complex includes the church, school and the presbytery plus the sequence of German settlers’ farms, presents the interesting village development from the historical point of view of the Prussian settlement age of the second half of the 19th century.
The little church in Dąbrowa Wielka was raised in 1876 as a Protestant temple. When the war was over, it was then handed over to the Roman-Catholic Parish of God’s Mother the Queen of Poland. It was restored due to the joint effort on the villagers’ part.

Archaeological Findings

The present topographic surface of the Primeval Valley of Toruń and Eberswald, in the area of which Nowa Wieś Wielka is found, is supposed to have been shaped between 13 and 8th. years B.C.
As the climate got warmer, the flora and fauna of the Post-Glacial Age turned changing and got enriched. Coniferous forests were slowly invading the area and removing the tundra. The genesis of the Bydgoska Primeval Forest reaches back to those times.
In 1976, one of the biggest known settlements of the Komornica Culture in the river basin of the Oder and the Vistula was found out while the excavations were being held in Januszkowo, from the early Mesolithic Age (7-6th. years B.C.), and in the form of some traces of lodgings’ caves, food storing pits, animal bones, as well as stone tools. The archaeological works run in Tarkowo in 1980 have revealed three estates’ agglomeration of the culture of funnel-shaped cups, approximately dated 2,600 B.C., including housing construction, stone processing workshops and ceramics with some zoo-morphological ornaments. Lots of the evidence of the early settlement have been discovered in the commune’s area (pertaining to the decadent Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages), in the form of stone axes, harpoons, bone plates, wollow-leaf points, a stone ploughshare, and some remnants of a hunter’s camp.

The Commune’s History

The process of the population’s settling in the foregrounds of the Bydgoska Primeval Forest was moving on prettily slowly. The low-standard soils weren’t conducive to the agricultural settlement, however forestry and hunting economy were developing well. The oldest preserved documents from the 14th and 15th centuries mention the three following localities lying in today’s commune territory, Tarkowo, Brzoza and Nowa Wieś Wielka. On the other hand, the 16th-century sources indicate Ryczywieś (contemporary Prądocin) and Kolankowo. The oldest villages, Brzoza and Nowa Wieś Wielka, along with the region of the Bydgoska Primeval Forest used to have been Kuyavian dukes’ property, later on owned by Polish kings. From the second half of the 16th century up to the Partitions’ times, the Bydgoszcz Administrative District consisted of those regions. The war times, out of which the Swedish Deluge had done the greatest damage, all left a stamp on the expansion of the neighbouring villages that had been robbed, destroyed and their inhabitants had abandoned their houses. In the first half of the 18th century, one set about founding some new villages and settling the old ones. The restoration period began. A new road, mill, and an inn were constructed. The fact of the settlement’s quick bloom was caused by bringing German colonists to that area (the so-called Olęder named after Hollander pioneers). During the Partitions, the commune’s region got under the Prussian sovereignty, and the mid-19th century initiated the mass inflow of the German colonisers who had stemmed from Central Prussia.
Those were the years of the greatest prosperity for the local economy. The lands would not undergo any war damage for more than one hundred years, while the well-managed villages in the hands of the disciplined colonisers were bringing about a considerable benefit to their residents. Some sawmills, mills, inns, bakeries, and the post office were coming into existence, and likewise, some fairs were being held. Major objects of public use and road and railway connections were built. Unfortunately, it used to have been the time of the Polish local inhabitants’ intense germanization, too.
Even though the end of the First World War had enabled Poland to regain its independence, it was not until the success of the Greater Poland Insurrection and the Treaty of Versailles resolutions’ coming into force that a part of Kuyavia together with Nowa Wieś Wielka, Brzoza and the adjacent villages and the Greater Poland finally joined the State of Poland in January, 1920. What came next as a result of the incorporation was quite extensive modifications in the administration as well as social changes. Those areas lay within the Bydgoszcz District jurisdiction, which had belonged to the Poznań Province (since April 1938 included into the Pomeranian Voivodeship). Owing to the administrative reform of 1928, village-mayor’s districts were created. Then, the Bydgoszcz District was divided into ten communes in September, 1934. Nowa Wieś Wielka along with the surrounding villages were merged in the Solec Kujawski Commune, whereas Brzoza and the neighbourhood were combined into the Bydgoszcz Village Commune. Meantime, the latter villages, Dziemionna, Jakubowo, Januszkowo, Kolankowo, Prądocin, and Tarkowo constituted the Złotniki Kujawskie Commune in the Inowrocław District.
Soon after the independence had been gained back, the German handled the administration of that region. Even by the end of 1923, the German language simultaneously remained in force in the official correspondence. In course of time, that state of being was altered, because of the population’s partial polonization process. Poles were occupying more and more important posts in the administration. The post office and the state police headquarters were reborn in Nowa Wieś Wielka. The Poles also started to take up some posts at railway stations and forester’s lodges nearby.
The economic life in Nowa Wieś Wielka and Brzoza yet focused mostly on the German minority. The sawmills and shops and bakeries all prospered well. The German environments in every field of the social life could develop with no obstacles, and in most of the cases, they made up compact niches that the Poles were hardly able to infiltrate. All in all, it resulted in emerging the strong centre of German culture there, which seems to have played a crucial though negative role at the moment of the Second World War outbreak.
The Polish were not however passive. The Roman-Catholic parishes, numerous organisations as well as some circles which attracted the Polish population, either cultural, national or military and sportive in nature, were established. As time went by, the Polish folks also began to play a greater and greater role in the manufacturing process and crafts. One could find representatives of such occupations as the baker, wheelwright, shoemaker, smith, carpenter, locksmith, or the hairdresser. The comfortable transport connections from Bydgoszcz and Inowrocław greatly contributed to the growth of commerce and catering.
The near Jesuit Lake in Chmielniki became a local cultural attraction. A new beach was prepared and rooms restored. There were some concerts arranged on the beach every Sunday and holiday, and “the Venetian Nights” irregularly held.
The state administration unit called the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune was first set up in the times of the Second World War by the German occupant. It comprised the villages that had been excluded from the Solec Kujawski Commune, i.e., Chrośna, Dąbrowy Wielkie, Dobromierz, Leszyce, Łażyn, and Nowa Wieś Wielka. The communal office took up the duties of the local police authority and the registry. The statistical affairs, population records, plus the breeding and agricultural economy fell within its competence. In March 1945, right after it had been liberated by the Soviet Army, the first Polish powers of the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune were constituted, including the fifteen-person Communal National Council. But, the commune only existed for a few months. By the strength of the Solec Kujawski Commune councillors’ application, it was dissolved in August, 1945. They had insisted on dissolving the administrative division that had been introduced during the war and had wanted the former pre-occupation borders of the Solec Kujawski Commune to be brought back. Unfortunately, the functioning of the Solec Kujawski Commune whose vast territory was deprived of a good transport network created a lot of difficulties.
The administrative reform of 1954 appointed groups with community’s national councils. In the Bydgoszcz District, there were for example established such communities as Brzoza (comprising Prądki, Przyłęki, Brzoza, Kobylarnia, Olimpin, Smolno Nowe) and Nowa Wieś Wielka (comprising Nowa Wieś Wielka, Nowa Wioska, Dobromierz, Łażyn, Leszyce in the major part, Dziemionna, Jakubowo, Januszkowo, Kolankowo, Prądocin, a part of the Tarkowo Group – as Tarkowo Dolne, and since 1957, Dąbrowa Wielka).
On the turnout of 1961 and 1962, some of the groups in the Bydgoszcz District got liquidated. The same happened to the Brzoza Group. Against the residents’ will, who had not been opting for the group’s abolition, it was anulled at the onset of 1962, and nearly all its area was incorporated into the Nowa Wieś Wielka Group. The Prądki and Przyłęki Villages were included into the Białe Błota Group.
By the end of 1972, another reorganisation of the territorial administration system in Poland followed. The groups got replaced by communes then, being the basic units of the country’s administrative division. The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune whose borderline has existed till the present day was founded on the 1st of January, 1973.

The Greater Poland Insurrection

The Greater Poland Insurrection of 1918-1919 is considered one of the most creditable cards in the history of the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune.
As the First World War ended on the 11th of November, 1918, that mere date initiated the process of setting up its own state by the Polish society. The late Prussian annexed territories, where Nowa Wieś Wielka was localised, still lay beyond their superiority despite that Germany had obviously been defeated. The fate of those lands was to be determined not until a peace conference in the future.
Being given a hot welcome, Ignacy Paderewski arrived in Poznań on the 26th of December, 1918. That passionate manifesting of the national feelings eventually turned over into an armed uprising. After the uprising forces had taken Nowa Wieś Wielka without any fighting, there were some preparations for further attack on Chmielniki and Brzoza at night from the 10th to 11th of January, 1919. The German took advantage of a few calm days in that region in order to get the counter-offensive ready. So as to avert the German actions, the insurgents provoked aggressive movements towards Brzoza. The enemy availed of large troops in the area, inclusive of an armour-plated train at the head. Particularly fierce firing was being waged on a railway station. All in all, the insurgents managed to tilt the victory over the German to their side by small assaults, throwing them out of Brzoza. The fact of appearing the German armoured train changed the whole situation. The insurgents retreated in the direction of Nowa Wieś Wielka, where it came to bloody fights on the 30th of January. The favourable circumstance for the enemy’s offensive forces that had invaded the locality was the German colonists, residents of the area. The German communique treated seizing Nowa Wieś Wielka as if the way from Bydgoszcz to Inworocław was in half taken back. So, the Germans’ regular attacks and good surveillance from the church steeple in Nowa Wieś Wielka got the Poles to be on guard.
The fire was ceased on all the fronts on the 19th of February, 1919. Nevertheless, the situation of having two enemy and armed troops, reluctant to accept any truce, stand against each other did create the favourable conditions for frequent provocations and fights. That part of the Greater Poland, Kuyavia and Pomerania had yet to wait till the 20th of January, 1920 for its being set free completely, that is, until the resolutions of the Treaty of Versailles were introduced in practice.
In spite of the Polish failure with which the combat for Brzoza and Nowa Wieś Wielka finished, the blood shed by the dead and wounded victims was not however wasted. Past the Greater Poland Insurrection, the above-mentioned localities got inside the borders of free and independent Poland. The grateful local society erected some memorials as well as plaques in tribute to the dead insurgents.

The memorial in tribute to the Greater Poland insurgents who got killed in Brzoza, raised on Countess Maria Skórzewska’s initiative by the grateful dwellers in 1923. The monument was pulled down by the Nazi German occupants’ command in 1940. In 2011 it was rebuilt by the local government community (commune budget 2010/2011), with the help of EU funds from The Rural Development Programme for the years 2007/2013.

Education

The premises of the Nowa Wieś Wielka Primary School in 1 Ogrodowa St. were given to public use in 1952. Teaching at three faraway-situated school buildings was at last over, which had been functioning since the Interwar Period. Light and spacious classes and any other indispensable auxiliary rooms were fitted up with new school accessories and teaching aids.
(www.spnww.polskaszkola.pl)
The school in Nowa Wieś Wielka was named after Maria Konopnicka and offered a banner on the 25th of October, 1977. Then, the National Memory Chamber was opened on the 2nd of May, 1984. The school in Nowa Wieś Wielka started to expand in June, 1989, within the School-Board of Education and Upbringing investment and from the provincial budget funds. Its development was completed in 1997. A new physical education gym was opened for use in the school year of 1994/1995. Numerous repairs have been made at the school recently. The roof covering has been replaced and sun collectors have been installed. In 2008, thermal modernisation was executed.
As the schooling system organisation in Poland was modified in 1999, the public Junior School was established in Nowa Wieś Wielka, in 1 Ogrodowa St., whose patron has been Jan Kochanowski since June, 2002.
(www.gimnazjumnww.q4.pl)
The Polish school of public nature already operated in 1917, Brzoza. Its pupils ranked among Polish children of Catholic faith, from the localities of Brzoza, Wałownica, Kobylarnia, and since 1927, also Piecki and Smolno. During the Greater Poland Insurrection times, some fighting took place close to the school. The whole post and equipment got destroyed. The school’s reactivation would not have been possible if it had not been for the school authorities’ help and the villagers’ sacrifice. Building a new school in Brzoza, in 31 Powstańców Wielkopolskich St., was begun in 1974. The new school premises, equipped with seven large classes, two studies, a common room, gym, and spatial corridors, were given to use in November, 1975. In 1991, the school resources base got increased by the other four teaching rooms, a dressing-room and a new day-room. (www.spbrzoza.neostrada.pl)
The Brzoza Junior School was called into being in 1999. It was housed together with the Primary School in one building. Because of so many children, the teaching had to be carried out in shifts. (www.gimnazjumbrzoza.pl)
The modern building currently houses the Brzoza Junior School, which was made available for public use in September, 2004, after it had been raised by the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune subsidy, obtained through communal bonds’ emission.
The Brzoza Primary School building has utterly been repaired lately. Thermal modernisation has been installed, too.
Two self-government’s kindergartens function in the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune. The “Jarzębinka” Kindergarten (“Ashberry”) in Brzoza and the “Stokrotka” Kindergarten (“Daisy”) in Nowa Wieś Wielka.
The kindergarten in Nowa Wieś Wielka was opened in 1958, and it was transfered to a new spacious hall in 1990. The kindergarten in Brzoza was activated in 1978 in the old school premises, which turned out to be too small however, so it was developed in a social deed, in 1986. The kindergarten in Brzoza also uses the Junior School rooms.
Both the centres present top-level didactic and educational services. Children many a time take part in public performances, contests, reviews and festivals of childlike creativity, and even the youngest toddlers accustom themselves to the English language.

Culture

One of the old school buildings in Nowa Wieś Wielka had been housing a day-room and community’s library from 1956 till December 1962 when the Centre of Culture was launched in a restored building (the seat of the Commune Office now). The community’s library, police station, premises of the Community National Council Presidium all found their place there, too. Presently, the Farmer Club was opened at the Centre of Culture, and next, “Biedroneczka” Cafe and Club (“The Small Ladybird”). In the contest for the best rural club in the Bydgoszcz Voivodeship (1965 through 1966), the club and common room in Nowa Wieś Wielka won the first prize. The Centre of Culture was renamed the Community Centre of Culture in 1973.
In the eighties, one undertook constructing the new premises of the Community Centre of Culture in Nowa Wieś Wielka in a social deed. Yet, some urgent educational needs made the structure be transformed into a kindergarten.
The general repair of the Voluntary Fire Brigade fire-station executed in 2000 allowed adapting the floor and placing the Community Centre of Culture there.
The library network in the area of the present Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune started to expand after the Second World War was finished. In 1951, librarian’s points existed in Dąbrowa Wielka, Dobromierz, Nowa Wioska and Nowa Wieś Wielka. In January 1963, the library was moved to the rooms made accessible at the Centre of Culture (the seat of the Commune Office now). Except the library in Nowa Wieś Wielka, there were six librarian’s points in 1963 in Dąbrowa Wielka, Dobromierz, Leszyce, Łażyn, Nowa Wieś and Prądocin, and since 1964, also in Jakubów and Tarków (while the Łażyn point was annuled).
The community library in Brzoza commenced its activity in the beginning of 1962. The library used to be housed in an adapted private flat, starting from August, 1965.
The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune Public Library was rehoused in the kindergarten building in 2001.

Sport and Tourism

The Association “Rowerowabrzoza” (rowerowabrzoza.pl) together with the Offices of Commune Nowa Wieś Wielka and Commune Białe Błota, organizes for several years, the biggest mass event of a tourist-recreation and sports, under the name: “The Family Bike Rally, Festival Sports and Tourist of the Bydgoszcz District”. This event each year attracts more and more supporters and sympathizers bike leisure. The rally involved cyclists of all ages and entire families.
Another event of a massive sports and tourism are “The Canoe Maneuvers ‘Olimpin Loop’ ”, organized by the Association for the Promotion of Tourism Canoe “Eagle”. Rafting takes place in the waters of the New Canal of Noteć, Upper Canal of Noteć with the start and finish in Olimpin.
In the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune territory, there are the “Brzoza” Sport Club (“The Birch”) [ksbrzoza.futbolowo.pl] and the “Burza”­ Commune Folk Sport Club (“The Storm”) [burzanww.futbolowo.pl] which run football games sections.
The “Sokół” (“Falcon”) Student’s Sport Club coaches archers who promote the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune all over the country. The archers obtain a lot of success in the national, provincial and district competitions, both individual and team. Since 2005, the Home Defence League Circle has actively operated in Brzoza, which runs a shooting section in the categories of pneumatic and bullet weapon.
The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune is intersected by a few hiking tourist routes. The Red Route (26.8 km) goes through pine-tree woods of the Bydgoska Primeaval Forest from Bydgoszcz up to Nowa Wieś Wielka. The Black Route (30 km) leaves Bydgoszcz running side by side with Brzoza, across Dobromierz till it reaches Solec Kujawski. The “Pałucki” Blue Route (17.3 km) is a part of a route heading from Brzoza to Łabiszyn right through the “Dziki Ostrów” (“Wild Islet”) Nature Reserve. The joining Yellow Route (1.4 km) connects Brzoza and the “Pałucki” Route. The Green Route (17.9 km) leads from Bydgoszcz to Chmielniki locality at the Jesuit Lake.
The commune is also traversed by one more cycle route (40 km in total), “Świadkowie Historii” (“The History Witnesses”), which goes through historic spots commemorating the Poles’ tragic doom in the Bydgoska Primeaval Forest. The bikeway is 14.7 kilometres’ long around the commune’s area.

Health Care and Welfare

The Nowa Wieś Wielka Health Centre already existed in 1951. Initially, it was located in Kolejowa St., then it was transfered to Bydgoska St. There were a patient’s reception, waiting-room, doctor’s study, dentist’s clinic and a treatment room. At least since 1954, there used to be a pharmacy by the outpatient centre. In June, 1963, another newly-built Health Centre was opened.
The hospital attendant’s aid station was already found in Brzoza in 1957, in which general practitioners and medical attendants were on duty. The rapid development of Brzoza and the surrounding localities made the point not suffice any more. A brand new multifunctional complex, whose rooms were partially destined for an outpatient clinic, was launched in July, 1988. Such physicians as a general practitioner, paediatrician, gynaecologist, dentist, etc., saw patients there.
The Nowa Wieś Wielka outpatient clinic with its Brzoza subsidiary has been an autonomous post since 1992 (having been supervised by the Commune Council since 1999). Nowadays, more than seven thousand people make use of the outpatient’s medical services and a different kind of pro-health actions.
The Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune Welfare Centre was called into existence on the 1st of May, 1990. By the resolution of the Commune Management passed in 1997, the building of the previous kindergarten in Nowa Wieś Wielka was handed to the Cmty Self-Help Centre activities, founded in the same year. At the Commune Welfare Centre, there are also active the Cmty Common Room and the Alcohol Prevention Centre.
The new seat of the Cmty Self-Help Centre became available in public in 2001. It was one of the prettier communal structures that had been erected on the spot of the old kindergarten. It for example offers rehabilitation rooms, an art study, and group therapy, household, tailor’s and knitting, plus education and computer rooms. The Commune Welfare Centre offices are found inside the building, too.

Economy

The commune is a region of high economic stirring. According to statistical data in october 2011, there were 985 businesses registered all over commune’s area. In the public sector, fourteen national economy subjects and nine hundred seventy-one in the private sector operate on this area, inclusive of one foundation, two co-operatives, fifty-six civil companies, seventeen associations and social organisations, and sixty-two commercial law companies. To conclude, as many as 819 physical person-enterprisers run a business.
In the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune, there are poor bonitary class soils, which mainly causes cereals to prevail in the seed-sowing structure. Only few commune’s parts where soil classes are thought better and the earth can be artificially irrigated are known for vegetable and fruit-growing production.
The Noteć River is the reason for which a huge meadow and pasture complex came into being while it was flowing across the commune’s territory for hundreds of years. That “green heritage” has given farms that deal with dairy cattle-breeding a chance to develop. Lately, the farms have also bred beef cattle and horses for recreation purpose.
Commune Nowa Wieś Wielka takes an active part in the work of Local Action Group “Three Valleys” (www.trzydoliny.eu). This association aims to inter alia: improving the quality of life, the activation of the inhabitants, strengthening social capital, diversification of economic activities, creation of off-farm jobs, preserve cultural and natural heritage.
The Association of Towns and Communes upon the Noteć River (www.rzekanotec.pl) is another organization that participates Commune Nowa Wieś Wielka. Its purpose is, inter alia: the pursuit of economic, cultural and tourist development of towns and communes upon the Noteć River and maintenance of natural values ​​and landscape Noteć River, its transport infrastructure, tourism, recreation and sport.

Habitual Events

Plenty of interesting events regularly take place in the commune’s area, in which the Nowa Wieś Wielka Commune residents are known to largely participate. The most popular happenings a year are, among many:
“The Family Bike Rally, Festival Sports and Tourist of the Bydgoszcz District”,
“The Canoe Maneuvers ‘Olimpin Loop’”,
“Veterans of Highway Parade” under the “Spring Rally”,
“National Tourism Car Rally ’Mushrooming’”,
“New Year’s Eve Running”,
District Recitation Contest “The winners of the Nobel Prize for Literature”,
The Olympic Meeting of Environmental Self-Help Houses of the Kuyavian and Pomeranian Province,
“The Easter Table” and Contest for the Most Beautiful Easter Palm and Egg,
“The Music Backpack” - Holiday Song Review,
“The Commune’s Harvest Festival”.
“The Kite Feast”.
 

Photo Gallery

Galeria

Filmy

Musisz zainstalowa Flash Player'a oraz włączyć obsługę JavaScript.
98. rocznica wybuchu Powstania w Brzozie.
98. rocznica wybuchu Powstania w Brzozie.
X Bieg Sylwestrowy